Southwest-StatisticSouthwest-Statistic

AIM
nyaj2k1

Trials and Chances Trials and Chances

Excelent.

This was very well written and put togeather, very well executed. However, being a producer myself, I do wish that your studio engineer had spent a little more time perfecting things as far as the perfect-timing-and-drum-precision stuff goes. Other then that this is very very well mixed and mastered.

You are like... the only other "band" I've found on newgrounds other then me, and it's a total honor to watch my name appear in the chart listings alongside yours nowdays.

Keep rocking.

Final-Round responds:

Thanks for the kind words man. Our tech did what he could with what money we gave him. I assure you if we had another grand, nothing could have touched our songs, but as is, we're a broke bunch of dudes that play shows and work to save up moneys to record, and as soon as we get enough we go in and do what we can.

The guy we use is Dan Precision (88 finger louie, rise above,break the silence). He has been very kind, and even donated some free time for us, which was incredibly awesome.

but yeah, thanks for listening, hopefully together we can give NG more respect in the audio portal. as is, I feel kinda like the bastard child of ng, stuffed away in the basement...or something like that!

Fragment # 1 Fragment # 1

Needs Mixing and Mastering

This song is freaking awesome... but it needs Mixing and Mastering bad. Send it my way dude, I'll do it for free... You rock...

jeghyan responds:

Yeah, I'm not so good with the mixing stuff... Especially since my computer has an atrocious sound card -.-;; But I will deffinately take you up on that offer in the future sometime! Your songs sound freaking awesome!

prey, follow prey, follow

Hope this helps...

You put this in as an "Unfinished" track, so I am going to write this review with the mentality that pretty much everything about this song is "up in the air", and still being designed and constructed.

The melodies are beautiful, and well constructed. They all fit together seamlessly, and I can find no out-of-place note in the entire track. It’s awesome quite frankly. Toward the end when you have what sounds like a thousand synth lines, it just explodes into the greatest place.

However, the single synth line in the beginning goes on too long before the second synth line comes in. When the second synth line comes in, the 2 synth lines goes on too long before another change happens. Basically things are ringing out for too long without really changing. This doesn't hold my interest very well.

I know a lot of techno is this way, and that you basically are doing the same thing that every other techno artist does by having everything ring out for a ridiculous amount of time, I would suggest you make yourself stand out from the crowd and have things move at a faster pace.

Add some nice changing quarter-beat and sixteenth-beat hats, a 4-on-the-floor-kick, and I can very easily hear an awesome little commercial quality club-worthy dance track.

Finish it. I defiantly hear real potential.

And Now And Now

You got my head bobbing.

From the onset I knew this was going to be an awesome track, and I wasn’t disappointed. As the song progresses it keeps me interested. This track goes up down, forward and backward. Everything is always constantly changing and rotating, being sent through different effects filters, different little musical pieces being added and removed at pseudo-random points that end up working perfectly.

But apart from the diversity of the track, I’m sure we can agree that good samples can either make or break this genre of music. I must say that the most of the samples you picked for this track really work to complete the feel that you wanted to achieve.

However, I think the quality of the “real” rock drum kit in the very beginning leave something to be desired. I’m not talking about the bongos. I’m talking about the standard rock kit that starts behind the bongos. During the intro, there just isn’t enough stuff going on to distract from the rock drum kit’s “realism”. I suggest replacing the “real” drums in the intro with totally “fake” ones, because “real” drums that sound fake suck, but “fake” drums that sound fake-on-purpose rock. Know what I mean?

Later in the song, I know it’s the same drum kit samples, but there is enough stuff going on to completely distract me from focusing to closely on any one item. The same samples and loops fit later in the song perfectly. Don’t change anything past the 1-minute mark. I’m totally sold on your sound by that point.

Awesome work, and I hope to hear more stuff by you in the future!

Usher - Nice & Slow Usher - Nice & Slow

Would you be interested?

I represent a small record label that might be interested in working with you if you are interested in working with us. Contact me at cp3zer0@gmail.com.

Inka-Wall responds:

I'd like to find some producer there in the US who wanna spend money on my project. Actually i've recorded two 2-steps hits and 10 r&b & soul songs..this is just a sample of what we do..i've not posted original things 'cause actually i don't have rights outside E.U. Living in italy it's hard for music :P

Out of the Shadows Out of the Shadows

Good concept & progression...

...but it doesn't seem like there is enough diversity. My ears where craving a nice big buildup into a nice big chorus, but it never really came. The music doesn't lend itself to being this long without some additional changes and instruments being dropped in and out.

It's also evident that the patterns in the drums are very Hip-Hop influenced, and not so much built around a rock mentality or rock drum kit. Basically, a human rock drummer would never play the drums to this song like this, however a lot of Corporate R&B drums sound this way.

I hope that this review helps! I did like the song, and I am only offering what I hope is constructive criticism to make the future of your music that much better.

yello-dart responds:

Thank you a lot for the review man. You actually put thought and backed it up, and I appreciate it. I do agree with what your saying as far as the drums go... I don't know if that necessarily makes it BAD, just not exactly rock. As far as the progression, there is a set verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus order, which I think would be more clear with the singing. I am trying to get the vocals sounding good, and hope to submit that version as well, and maybe you'll like it better. But thank you a lot for your input.